Allama Iqbal Open University provides financial support to the poor, needy and talented AIOU students under AIOU Student Support Fund (ASSF).
- To provide financial support to the poor and needy students for self reliance/self-sufficiency.
- To provide part time job opportunities and encourage and assist AIOU needy students to acquire necessary skills, earning and on job experience.
- To empower Pakistani women and curtail their drop-out in the field of education with the social impact on the society by sharing their financial liability.
- To keep the special students in educational stream and encouragement of the special communities by providing equal access of learning, skill development & sharing their financial liability.
- To generate competition among AIOU students and encourage brilliant students.
- To promote education and minimization of dropout rate in the remote areas of Pakistan possessing alarming literacy rate.
- To motivate AIOU students in doing market oriented researches, which will give benefit at national level by sharing their liability.
- To motivate the Alumni of AIOU in educating poor and needy fellows of their parent university.