Most of the Allama Iqbal Open University’s students are unable to bear their educational expenses due to their meager resources, which could not be supported by AIOU alone. Therefore the university introduced ‘Educate A Child Scheme’ through which it wishes to invite the Pakistanis, to take part in the on-going efforts of eradicating illiteracy in the country. This scheme is also operates under the Directorate of Student Affairs.
This platform provides an opportunity to its contributors to join the nation in educational pursuits by identifying and adopting student of their own choice for his/her education. At all stages, a fool-proof system of monitoring and evaluation will be followed to the best satisfaction level of the contributors. In this way AIOU act a liaison between philanthropists and deserving students.
- To educate the out of school children and focus on drop out students from lower-level to Matriculation.
- Participate in global movement “Education for All”
- Eradication of illiteracy in low literacy areas, especially female population.
- Provision of quality education at doorsteps.
- Provision of trained teachers, of same gender and acceptable alternative of regular system.
- Uplifting of social norms and tolerance capacity
- Women empowerment
- Integrating life skills of youth, agricultural and economic development.
A database of all students registered under this scheme urged to get admission in any level is maintained and uploaded on the website which will be accessible by simply online registration of the donors. The donor/organization can select any student or group of students of any area, level or community and pay his/their fees.
The up-to-date progress of the adopted children including assignment and examination marks will be uploaded on regular basis so that the donor login to his account and observe the progress of the student.